Here are your WES document requirements.

Your Education

Executive Master of Business Administration
Indira Gandhi National Open University, India

Important Information

Before you review the list of documents to send to WES, please read this important information about specific requirements that may apply to you depending on the credentials you hold and the country or institution where you studied. This information will ensure that you send the right documents, which may help to expedite your evaluation.


For applicants submitting an Indian Master’s Degree or Postgraduate Diploma for evaluation, you must also provide your bachelor’s degree documents.WES cannot complete an evaluation without these documents. The only exceptions where your bachelor’s degree documents are not required are: Master of Education, Master of Engineering, Master of Philosophy, and Master of Technology.

WES does not evaluate study in Ayurveda, Unani, and Siddha indigenous medical systems.

WES reserves the right to verify all documents submitted for evaluation. If it is determined that verification is required, WES will contact your institution or other authorized source to authenticate your documents. Once a response is received, WES will proceed with your evaluation.

Due to the pandemic’s resurgence in India, applicants who studied in the region might experience delays when sending academic documents to WES. Please visit our notifications page for important updates about how to send postal mail from India.

Your Requirements Checklist

Please review this list of required documents and how to send them. (Note to applicants: The checklist of required documents is based on the initial information you submit as part of your WES application. If the information is incorrect, we may need to request additional documents.)


1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional)

This is a clear, legible photocopy of the final or provisional degree certificate.

What you need to do:

You can upload a clear and legible copy of this document in My Account.

2. Statement of Marks (University Issued and Attested)

This is an official document issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations (e.g. university or autonomous college). It lists all subjects/papers taken and marks earned for each year of study and must include your university student identification number. College-issued mark sheets/result cards are not accepted unless from an autonomous college. To check if your college has autonomous status click here.

What you need to do:

Option 1

Please ask the institution responsible for conducting the examinations to attest and send your documents directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the institution that conducted the examination. WES will not accept documents sent by colleges (except autonomous colleges), students themselves, third party agents, or anyone else.

Option 2

If the institution gives you the document to send to WES, it must be in a sealed envelope. If the envelope has been opened, or if there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, WES cannot accept the document.

Helpful forms

Your institution(s) may require a formal request form. We have created one for your use. You may download and complete the top section of the form below.

Download Academic Records Request Form

Please note:

  • WES only accepts documents issued and attested by the designated official at the institution that conducted the examination (e.g. Controller of Examination or Registrar's Offices). Attestations by individual professors or external notary publics will not be accepted. You do not need to send documents via post or courier mails if your institution can send your documents electronically to WES.


Include Your Reference Number. Before you send documents, you must complete an application and obtain a reference number. You must write this reference number on each document that you submit to WES. WES is not responsible for documents that arrive without a reference number. Documents that arrive without a reference number can create delays.

Do Not Send Original Documents. Every document that you send for evaluation becomes the property of WES. Documents that you submit for evaluation cannot be returned.

Ask About Sending Digital Documents. Sending your academic documents digitally can expedite the completion of your report. Find out if your institution has a digital partnership with WES. Encourage them to get started today.

Need Help?

Need Help?

For answers to questions about document requirements, please visit our Help Center.